1.5 billion probiotic units in a capsule! Back to health!
Capsule for intimate comfort!
Composition (each capsule contains):
300 million CFU of Bifidobacterium lactis
300 million CFU of Lactobacillus acidophilus
300 million CFU of Lactobacillus casei
300 million CFU of Lactobacillus rhamnosus
300 million CFU of Lactobacillus salivarius
Probiotics are living microorganisms that in sufficient quantities are essential for the health of the macroorganism. They have been shown to displace and kill pathogens and modulate the immune response at the mucosal level. Lactobacilli are gram-positive, catalase-negative, non-spore-forming rods that dominate the vaginal flora. Lactobacilli species include: L. acidophilus, L. fermentum, L. crispatus, L. jensenii and others. The vagina contains a large amount of glycogen, which is released from the breakdown of surface cells. Free glycogen is fermented by lactobacilli producing lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide. The presence and dominance of Lactobacillus in the vagina is associated with a reduced risk of bacterial vaginosis and infections (including anaerobic and fungal) of the genitourinary tract. The defense mechanism of lactobacilli includes blocking the attachment of pathogens to the vaginal epithelium and the formation of hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins.
Modern technologies have allowed the creation of vaginal probiotics for oral administration - INNOVATION in the treatment of dysbacteriosis and infections of the genitourinary system. Large randomized trials have shown that lactobacilli enter the vagina and urinary tract when they enter the colon, simultaneously affecting three levels:
Bactohealth® is suitable as:
- a daily supplement to maintain the normal bacterial flora of the genitourinary system, providing optimal pH in the vagina and cervix.
- adjunctive therapy in secondary and recurrent resistant infections caused by pathogenic bacteria and fungi in the vagina.
- during and after completion of a course of antimicrobial drugs (including during and after general and local antibiotic therapy) - proven during treatment with metronidazole (systemic or local).
- during and after completing a course of antitrichomonal and antifungal drugs.
- in the period of perimenopause (menopause), to influence the feeling of dryness and irritation.
- during and after menstruation.
- during the postpartum period, for faster recovery of the normal flora and reduction of the risk of infections.
- before and after medical interventions in the genitourinary system.
- for women who use swimming pools, travel often, use jacuzzis and solariums.
Excellent tolerability of Bactohealth® capsules thanks to DRcaps™ – without any gastric problems.
DRcaps™ capsules are made with innovatively formulated hypromellose (HPMC) which is resistant to stomach acid, it is very slowly decomposed and enables intactness of the capsule content during its passing through the stomach.
Bactohealth® is extremely suitable before conception and during pregnancy. Proven to affect asymptomatic bacteriuria, regulate vaginal pH and reduce the risk of infections. A randomized study also showed that vaginal probiotics reduced the risk of premature birth. Limits the development of group B streptococci - the most common causes of meningitis and neonatal sepsis.
Intake: From 1 to 3 capsules per day.
Warnings: Caution in patients with immune deficiency or immunosuppressive therapy.
Back to health!